View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 02:07 AM

I agree with your decision to go forward. I recently (Jan 27th)had 2 level cervical ADR with Dr. Bertagnoli for the same reasons(plus more-ie:high pain levels at times, cord impingement/compression depending on who was reading the films, etc)and am very glad I did. My recovery has for the most part been remarkable. I still experience some pain, though nothing like before. Also, I am menopausal(nearing age 50)but probably due to my active lifestyle(the same one that has screwed up my spine)my bone density is still excellent.
I also have the same levels of DDD in my lumbar spine, though not yet a surgical candidate. I also have been told that I have a transitional vertebrae. So, with all things being equal, I would want to get ahead of the game too and try to prevent the domino effect if possible. I wish you the best of luck. I can reiterate that Dr. FM is wonderful too. When I finally got to meet her in person, I was very impressed. She had been out with the flu when I arrived, but I saw her for my 1 week postop appt and she was great!