View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Adjustable beds have arrived!

In the years that I've been coming here, I've come to expect that Nicole Weber (the manager of Hotel Theresientor) will always step up and do more than asked. While I don't think that Dr. Bertagnoli's patients are a huge percentage of the business here, the Theresientor staff still seems to treat us as if we are their most important clientele. I think that part of it is just good business and part of it is natural empathy for chronic pain patients.

Well, Nicole has surprised me again and has outdone herself. She has installed electric, adjustable beds in several of the rooms. Presently, they are in all 3 category deluxe rooms. In a few weeks, they'll have a couple more beds that they will experiment with in superior rooms. They are very heavy and moving them is quite difficult, so they will take some time to discover where they will do the most good. These will be most beneficial for the lumbar patients, but I really appreciated having these bed for my cervical trip. I do not believe that this will effect their pricing.

I've taken some photos of my favorite room (403), so you can get a feeling of what the rooms are like with one adjustable and 1 normal bed.

Sorry, but I could not just take pictures of the beds... These rooms are VERY pleasant. This is a private terrace for 403. Note the awning that is now fully retracted. This can be extended to shade the room and to provide cover so the terrace may still be used in the rain. (If you read my blog, you'll see that dinner on the terrace of 501 was almost rained out... not a problem for 403.)

Room 403 is the only room with a private terrace with the room facing the stadtplatz. Rooms 500 and 501 have the advantage of being a bit more spaceous than 403 and the view is from one floor higher. 501 has a private terrace that is larger than 403's, but it has less greenery.

2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org