View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Thank-you all. I finally heard this morning from my neck doctor, and he stated that the rhizotomy is really not going to address my cervical issues. That, at the very least, I need that steroid injection. So......back on the phone to the SI Joint fusion office, and Betty was with a patient, so hopefully, she will call me back in a timely fashion. I didn't argue too much with the fusion doc the other day, because I thought for sure I could have the rhizotomy. Clearly that's not indicated for my problem. This time I am going to tell them I REALLY need that injection to calm things down. Hopefully they'll agree. I feel like a yo-yo. I didn't do anything indulgent yesterday after I posted. My husband had a client dinner, so I didn't really want to go out and eat by myself. Fortunately, the kids called and wanted to come over for a visit and pick up an area wool rug I was giving them for their new place. Just holding Tully did the trick. Of course, she slept the whole time in my arms, but no matter. She filled up my cup till it runneth over.
Thank-you Justin for some of that information about potential procedures, that are much less invasive. Hopefully, I won't have to go there yet. But I'm certainly tucking that good information in my back pocket. Perhaps today I will treat myself to that mani/pedi if I get the go-ahead!
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.