View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 PM

Kathy,

Overall, it all sounds good. Refresh me...did you have 1 or 2 levels done? I didn't see it in your signature. Obviously, we had completely different surgeries, but I am 5 weeks post-op, so we are just one week apart in our healing. Who is following you for your aftercare? Sorry you are having some difficulty with sleep. Have you ever tried melatonin? When I am off my sleep cycle, I take it and it does wonders. I'll take it for maybe a week, to re-regulate my sleep, and then when I stop it, I have no problem sleeping through the night. Just a thought. It's over the counter.
All in all, you appear to be doing remarkable. Again, I think your young age is definitely working in your favor. Before you know it, you'll be power walking and enjoying a spring bicycle ride.

My best to you,

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.