View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 02:58 PM

Kathy,

I'm beginning to think the travel miscues were beneficial in a way. I've gotten back on feet quicker than the other 4 patients in my group after the long flights. Maybe the exercise helped (even if it was painful at the time). I had a bad night last night but had a great day yesterday. During the day I had no more than a 2 or 3 pain level. After laying in bed for a while last night, I felt the pain increase to 7 or 8.

I was taking Percocet 5/325 up to 15 mg daily before surgery. I took it as necessary. After surgery I took a morning and evening dose of Targin. I stayed with that dosage until the trip home. Then I resumed the Percocet as needed.

As far as the cane or walker, I had a cane with me but the gate keeper at Frankfurt was more concerned with getting the small kids onboard first (even though they announced kids and disabled first). I got irritated and walked past her to her supervisor, showed her the cane and letter from Stenum. She waved me through to board.

Justin, I haven't had to watch Jerry yet. I bought a pay-per-view package of Paul Rubin movies that I'm only halfway through with.

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.