Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Thumbs up Dr. Bitan

Katie,
I am 12 weeks out from an anterior/posterior lumbar fusion which was performed by Dr. Bitan. I can tell you from personal experience that he is an awesome doctor. Although I hated the idea of having to have go through another discogram, an SI joint injection, & a facet block, I knew he was doing that to make sure that I was the perfect candidate for the surgery that he was going to perform.

After my insurance company denied my request for ADR surgery, Dr. Bitan got on the phone with the medical manager to try & get them to change their mind. I believe he called them "narrow minded" when they continued to refuse to approve ADR surgery.

I spent 6 days in the hospital due in part to my body not behaving. Dr. Bitan stopped in to see me just about every day to see how I was doing. I was in total shock since I totally wasn't expecting that.

I can honestly say that you are in good hands with Dr. Bitan. I wish you the best of luck & hope that you get the relief that you are looking for!

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09