View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:03 PM

Dale, no date yet...I am still sending in more information to the Appeal board and waiting for a decision between them and the Insurance company. It is a bad time to be away when I have so much work to do, but it couldn't be helped. The Appeal date is April 30, but if I can get everything in soon enough, the Insurance could agree to just drop their objections and approve the new treatment plan within weeks. Then off I go

Kathy, I am going to hire you as my therapist or guru who is able to settle my nerves. You state the obvious of course, and I thank you for that.

I have limited access to the internet right now, so could you remind me who makes the Active L? Is it a model of the Charite or ProDisc?

Can anyone give me the answers to my questions above, about the difference in recovery times and situations? I have been stressing about the added recovery time and the possible increase in pain that I may not be able to control.

Also, how often should I be travelling back to see Dr. Bitan for follow-up appointments? I have been told by the local neurologist to not expect any doctor here to want to see me, let alone 'fix' anything that may come up, so I will be facing an eight hour drive each time. What is the 'norm'?

Thanks again...you really have helped calm my over active imagination. To use a Newfoundland expression...."oh me nerves"!!! (Our easternmost province which is a country all on its own )

Is there any information out there on patients' allergies to the disc materials, the polyethelene centres, etc? I have a lot of allergies, but mainly to the more common metals and chemicals...wish I could test for the titanium, etc. before they are inserted.

Thanks again. You are a calming influence....ummmmmmmmmmm....I'm off to chant some mantras now
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.