View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 12:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Let's see, I quit smoking cold turkey on New Year's Eve & was the designated driver for the evening. Wasn't much fun to be in my car that night! LOL!!

I have to say that I was a "moody" little bugger. The hardest part was when I had my coffee. I always had a smoke when I had coffee. I recall that once I got past the 2 week mark I was a bit less "moody". I was successful because I had something to prove. No one believed that I could quit & I just had to prove them all wrong. I still dream that I smoke sometimes. It's been almost 14 years, you would think that the dreams would stop already!

If you are unsure of being able to quit cold turkey, speak to your primary care doc & see if you can get one of those nicotine transdermal kits. Doctors don't want you to smoke because it can hinder the healing process & it's just downright not good for you. But you don't need that lecture.

If you need support, just give a shout out. I'm sure that folks here can lend some help!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09