View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:45 PM

I had a fusion at L5/S1 on February 6th. The recovery hasn't been too bad. I was in the Hospital for 3 days and off work for 8 weeks. I am still having some nerve pain and I am getting another injection on the 29th to kill this nerve. I do have some pain in my hip area still. But in the long run I am glad that I had the surgery. Sex isn't bad either. Just take it slow. Everything has to be done slow and easy for now on. I am constipated a lot because I am on Opana. Gotten used to that now. I take a lot of fiber to help me poo! I wouldn't wait if I were you. But, make sure you have a surgeon that has done a lot of these surgeries and is well known for successful surgeries. Do your homework and find a surgeon who makes you feel comfortable. There is a lot of these surgeons out there that think their S*** doesn't stink. I saw these guys and I wanted to punch them. I also didn't feel comfortable with the experimental side of a lot of this. I was offered these, but after talking to the surgeon I decided on the Fusion with cages. I decided not to have the ADR, because of the facet problems. But, I have already had an injection in my facet joint with the fusion. I am still in recovery and have been told that it could take up to a year to be 100%