View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 01:00 AM

Default Email hugs to Ali

Dear Ali,

I hope today is a better day for you. Everyone here knows how hard it is to get out of bed sometimes. Pain and pain meds can both be depressing. Please talk to your doctor about your symptoms.....both physical and emotional. Going to the dr. might be the last thing you feel like getting out of bed for....but you owe it to yourself! No doubt things seem overwhelming with your husband so far away. Keep posting here....even if we can't be in the same room listening to you....we do care about how you feel and will offer what support we can. Before my surgeries, there were lots of days I didn't get out of bed. During the narcotic taper I am currently trying to finish, there have been more days in bed or on the couch. We have to keep hoping that there are good days in our futures. Those good days will seem even better after going through these tough times. Regarding medical records.....one tip I've learned is that if I request my medical records from the hospital or clinic where I have been treated, I have to pay for them. However....if my primary care physician requests that the records be sent to his office, there is not a charge. Good for you for posting the way you feel! I hope you find comfort and support with the responses you are getting.

Melody
1975-scoliosis surgery,Harrington Rods, fused T2 to L4
Felt great in 20's and 30's....late 30's started having chronic neck and lower back pain. By 40 pain worsened enough to begin seeking surgical solutions.

ADR surgery much easier recovery than fusion!
This site has been a great source of information for me! I would be happy to help anyone who has questions.