View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:40 PM

Thumbs up

Kathy,

I totally get where you are coming from. I am about 10-15 pounds up too, and it is very depressing. Especially when we're not used to being overweight. I know for me it is the inactivity. And I still don't have the green light to do regular walking yet. (fusion restrictions are so different from adr restrictions) Needless to say, I don't see my weight budging until I am allowed a thumbs up to exercise routinely. Like you mentioned, you aren't chasing your kids around, huge surgery you're recovering from, the inactivity just piles the pounds on, regardless of your food intake. But unlike Phylly's response, no offense intended Phylly, because I keep you in high regard, but I personally would not go out and buy a bunch of "fat" clothes. Nothing contributes to complacency in the poundage arena more, than if you are suddenly in comfortable clothes again. Where's the incentive? I would be more inclined to purchase 1 pair of jeans, as let's face it, you need to be dressed and get out in the world. Just don't buy a wardrobe of new, bigger sizes. I don't see you doing that. I'm certainly not shooting for a size 4, like your former (and soon to be again!) ideal weight, but then again, I am almost 30 years older than you! I just want to be fit and toned again, and I will, and you will too. And believe me, because of your young age, you will get there way before me! Hang in there honey. You'll get there.

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.