View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Bc/bs

Thank you for your reply...as far as waiting to switch to BC/BS, it would be BC/BS Federal, and we have already found one person that works with my husband that had a single level ADR and BC/BS Fed paid for it without blinking an eye, and we've found another federal employee oversees with BC/BS Fed that had a 4-level ADR which was covered, so I know that they will cover it. And if they try to deny it, we have proof that they've covered it before, and HIPPA regulations prevent insurance companies from providing procedures for one person and excluding them for another in the same group. That's why I'm currently searching for someone with our insurance within the State Department and/or the Foreign Service. My husband is searching, too, and he has a pretty wide network of people to reach out to...it's just a matter of time, but we're kind of up against a clock.

Yes, we could pull the money out of our retirement account, but after the hit we took last year, the thought of pulling out another $50,000 infuriates me, and thankfully, I'm not so incapacitated that I have to go that route just yet. If I can just make it to December/January, then I should be okay...