View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Ok, so I didn't get to talk to my doctor who performed this yesterday because he took off for vacation, but I did get to speak to a nurse practioner. She asked about the laying down and I told her it really wasn't helping. that led her to think it wasn't a spinal leak, as it should have dimished with the laying down. But she thinks I need to get to the ER and be evaluated. Ah, crap, I hate the ER. I know I can't drive myself, so now I have to try and get ahold of a friend or family member. I'm gonna run (probably already have) out of brownie points with my friends. More likely am gonna run out of friends altogether. The NP thinks that the injection just possibly really irritated the nerve that has been causing the pain to befgin with. I'll keep you posted.
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.