View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 PM

Hey Kathy,

It's definitely inactivity. I've put on about 10 lbs over the last 3 months. I've been trying to watch what I eat (I eat very healthy, but I've been eating a lot of meals as studying makes me hungry--the brain needs all that glucose).

I wouldn't sweat the weight gain in the short term. However, I know it is really frustrating. Keep healing and when you get more active, your weight will start to normalize.

I will admit that I have an inner "fat kid." I used to play football in high school and I was my biggest my junior year -- 210 lbs at 17 years old. I dropped down to 142 when I started college at 18. I started lifting weights and bulked up to 180 lean and ripped. I stopped lifting again in 4/08 and I've dropped about 25 lbs of muscle and I'm right around 180-185 now...so all that muscle is gone and my body fat % has gone up even though my BMI is normal for my 6 foot frame.

Bad thing for me is that if I eat unhealthy for a week, I can put on 10 lbs of unhealthy weight. Good times...

Good luck Kathy...I know it's frustrating.
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.