View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 10:25 PM

Jess,

When your husband comes home from work, give him a big hug because he is the reason you got approved.
For myself and others who don't have federal insurance, we cannot get approved (by several insurance companies). I spent months fighting Blue Cross (still fighting them for my surgery and their mistakes on my insurance that come up regularly) to no avail. I sent them a 200 page appeal. I sent them all the foreign studies i could dig up, so they turn around send me a letter saying they will only accept US studies. ProDisc approved in August 2006 (I was scheduled for surgery in 2007, then 2008). BC wanted five year US studies past approval before they said they would approve ADR.
The same with United Health Care and some other insurance companies. The insurance companies have a double-standard when it comes to federal employees.

I am glad you got it approved so you can do the important things before surgery and not worry about where you are going to get the money for the surgery.

The reason federal employees get ADR approved is that the federal insurance companies have to accept FDA (federal agency) approved treatments. Regular BC/BS, United, etc.. don't. Aetna, Cigna, and Kaiser are among the insurance companies that approve ADR.

Sorry, if I come on strong but I consider BC/anthem/wellpoint evil. You wouldn't believe what they have done to me and I will never forget it. I pray every single night that they are brought down like the big mortgage companies and banks, but that they don't get a bailout.

Now, Jess, you don't know me from anything, but I was personally speaking to corporate BC people in my appeal. I continue to fight the insurance companies. So realize I am not upset or mad at you, I am just upset at the money-grubbing insurance companies and the state of health care in the United States.

That's the end of the soapbox speech because I don't want my back hurting more than it already is or my blood pressure up.

Runner