View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 AM

I've put on 15 lbs this winter from inactivity and definitely feel it. I know myself though and will be back on a bicycle in a week or so. I am also walking every chance i get and I melt pounds away in the summer. The Lyrica is probably making you put on a little weight as well. You could ask to try Cymbalta in combination. It made me really sleepy but, the unintended consequence is that it took away my appetite completely. I had to force myself to eat and I would nibble as I had no hunger drive.

Hang in there Kathy. The main part is you are healing from a very difficult surgery. One gremlin at a time to tackle is enough. You will hopefully look back at this time in your life and realize the many gifts God gave you in return. You will have more empathy for others in pain, your sensitivity to the human condition will be immense, your humility over the beauty of the human condition will be incredible, your gratefulness for even the tiniest blessings will be awesome because you will have already been in hell.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5