View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:21 AM

Default Just got home from the ER

Hi everyone,

Well, we finally got home from the ER. They had to hook me up to an IV and give me some morphine and ativan to finally break the pain pattern. Then the ER doc (who was terrific by the way) thought it best to do a brain Cat Scan, as he wanted to check for an aneurism, any bleeding on the brain. Fortunately, that came back ok. He said it's not 100% accurate, but still a good diagnostic test. That morphine is a complete miracle drug. They had to give me two rounds, and then we all concluded it was very likely that the injection irritated the nerve big time, and then it snowballed into spasming, etc. He discharged me with something stronger than Vicodin, but not a stupid large script of it. And he wants me to call my neck doctor's office tomorrow morning, and be seen by my GP within 3 days.

How about a little UN-excitement for a bit, no?

Thanks again everyone, for all the good advice,

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.