View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:31 AM

Cathy, first....a big congrats on having your surgery scheduled. What a relief huh? That's a huge piece of the puzzle right there. I like your idea of arriving on the 22, to give yourself some extra time. Why not? It will be less stressful too all the way around, in case you run into any surprises.

It will be here before you know it. I had 3 lumbar levels done and I was in the hospital for 10 days. I had a few glitches which accounts for the longer stay. We were there a total of 3 weeks which was just perfect. I'm aware not everyone can make that happen, but it was well worth it for me.

Time to start making your lists and packing!

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.