View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 02:31 AM

Well, Justin you got one heck of a deal!! Are you in NY? From West Coast more likely 8 to 900 for a regular somewhat discounted ticket on a non stop flight. Frankfurt is a lot cheaper then Munich.

Katie, how long do you stay at the hospital or in the area after the surgery. If you stay there 2 weeks then I would drive. Take pillows and take breaks.

I made a 7 hour drive in a Mercedes E Class at 1 week out (my wife drove and she tried real hard!) and it was torture! I constantly had to beg my wife to not go so fast no more then 55 and steer gently as it hurt and those german autobahns are sooo temting. Mercedes cars are somewhat stiff if you have a larger american car and on the american roads at the slower speeds you will not have the problem. If you have small stiff car or a pickup then consider flying. Depending on your condition stop regularly and take a exercise walk as you can handle it. Slow and careful and just enough to loosen things up. I did't want to fly and I did not regret it even though the drive was painful. I love airplanes but not the cattlecar kind and all the nuisance that goes with them these days. 8 hours is long but you are in your own space. If you can break it up into 2 days even better. Don't drive fast stay in one lane dont pass more then nessesary and make an gently ride (note to the friendly driver!).

Thats a big surgery. My respect to you. I hope you will do really well.