View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM

Default re flying

Katie,
I think I've mentioned this before however will again. When I have to fly to Florida to see my father I go on a Red Eye Non Stop and get 3 seats together (one row) and it's usually about $1000-1200 if I make advance reservations.

I wish I could sit like anyone else and I'm always amazed at people here who are in horrible shape and manage to fly sitting up because there's no way I can do this even tho the flight is only 5 hours. I know we all have our differing pains and probs re the spine but my tail end is in h*ll if I try to sit thru a movie even so don't even do that!

I tried a non stop flight so that I could get up and walk around between flights and found that to be *horrendous* for me. I had to hassle more with getting to and fro and just up and down and waiting for other flight and such it was absolutely frigging exhausting to me spinally and otherwise.. tho then again ~ that's me.

So if someone driving you with a mattress in the back of your vehicle is doable then go with that if you feel it's going to be an OK thing. Test drive this situation ahead of time if you're able like maybe this weekend to see how it goes and/or any adaptations you might need to make with this should you choose to go this route.

Good luck with all ~

Last edited by Maria; 04-25-2009 at 06:34 PM.