View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Thanks Maria. We actually did this trip just over two weeks ago, down to see Dr. Bitan for a consult. We took it easy and had no problems other than being exhausted by the time we got home. We left on Sunday and came home on Tuesday, after the Monday appointment.

It is the coming home part that scares me. I will be having five levels done, with both fusions (3) and ADR (2). I don't know yet if he will be going in from both the front and back, but his assistant was pretty astounded that the surgeries were only going to be days apart instead of weeks or months.

The passenger seat isn't as comfortable as the drivers', and I'm a bit concerned about laying down without a seatbelt, safety wise, and it's probably not even legal. What are the laws in New York for that? Definitely illegal as soon as we cross the border.

I can use an Obus form for the passenger seat though...it works well enough, and we can stop as often as we like, and take two days coming back if need be, as I said.

I can't believe the cost of an hour & a half flight, and certainly can't afford to book three or four seats, with my husband coming with me. If it was just the flight time, I would probably be OK, but with all the delays, I think I'm going to try driving...with everything open to change, of course

I truly appreciate all the input from all of you. Thanks for caring so much.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.