View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Michelle, I did ask Dr. Fenk-Mayer what they thought of my facets, but I didn't really get an answer. Of course with Dr. B being on vacation right now, it's only Dr. F-M at the helm. I had a facet block, and it did nothing. So, I don't think there is much pain coming from them. I will ask them again, if they think they are a problem, but I would guess that since they want to do the ADR surgery, that they don't think that they are. Although I know there is no guarantee, and they might start to have more problems after the surgery, but of course I am hoping they won't.

Thanks for passing along that information Jess. I am worried now, about what I am going to take. I haven't taken Oxycontin, so I have no idea if it will make me sick or not. I hope my PM doc will have a good idea of how to manage my pain, post-op. And that she won't have a problem giving me enough to manage while I am there. So far she has been fantastic. And she says that I am not one of their patients that they have problems with, so she isn't worried about giving me meds if I need them.

I am getting excited. When my boyfriend wakes up, we will make the flight arrangements. I hope we can get a good deal, like Justin. Though I would guess, the closer to summer it gets, the higher the fares will be.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone