View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 04:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Katie,

You can have a private nurse at Lenox Hill Hospital! The woman in the room across from mine did. My husband had mentioned it to me once I was more lucid. As I understand it, the private nurse was there basically to watch her patient & if anything went on, I believe she was able to assist the patient until the nursing staff could get there. All pain meds are under lock & key in the hospital. I don't think the private nurse was able to dispense any medications.

I'll ask my husband what he can recall once he wakes up. Poor guy works overnights & he's dead to the world at the moment.

You may also be able to e-mail the hospital to find out what their procedure is with having a private nurse assist you.

Here is a link to the hospital's website Lenox Hill Hospital

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09

Last edited by Nairek; 04-26-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added web link