View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Why did you have incisions both front and back?

I've talked to a couple of others who have had similar surgeries and had no problem with driving home by dividing up the trip over two days, so this looks like the way to go.
They went in thru the front to put the cage into the disc space. They went in thru the back to put screws in to make sure the cage stayed in place. I didn't find out until the morning of my surgery that they were going to go thru the back as well.

Driving back home looks to be more economical than flying. Breaking it up over a few days sounds like the best way to go. You should be given a prescription for pain meds the day that you leave the hospital. If you can, try & get it filled before you leave so you have something for the ride home.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09