View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I'm surprised you heard so much honking while in the NYC hospital! When we were there a few weeks ago, we were surprised how quiet the traffic was around the hospital...almost no honking at all. For our first time in the Big Apple we were amazed after all the stories we had heard about the nasty drivers.

Then we saw the posted signs warning of a $350 fine for honking

Honestly, I found the traffic there to be very easy to get through, and we drove right down to the Lennox Hill site to see Dr. Bitan. The cabbies even let us in when we needed to change lanes! Maybe they thought they needed to give us tourists a lot of room
I'm super sensitive to noise. I did hear honking at times but it wasn't all that horrible. The ambulance sirens in the middle of the night woke me up sometimes but it is a hospital after all

You are brave to drive down in the city! I've done it only a few times to Queens & that was more than enough for me. Of course that was before my car accident & not long after getting my driver's license so I was still brave....LOL!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09