View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Oh, I plan to take lots of good stuff with me when I leave home I can't take most meds, so have a very select list anyway. I'm not going to take a chance on trying something new that might make me sick...a fate worse than death, I would think!

That sounds like a giant OUCH! Why did they not let you know what was coming in regards to two incisions? I feel a little more involved with your surgery as we are going to have the same doctor
I found out the Monday before surgery that MVP denied me for ADR. The medical manager & Dr. Bitan were suppose to speak by phone the next day so Dr. Bitan could argue why I should have the ADR. The medical manager never called Dr. Bitan the next day. He blew off the appointment. On Wednesday, the both of them had a discussion & the medical manager still denied coverage for ADR.

I believe it was Wednesday or Thursday afternoon when Tom called me & put Dr. Bitan on the phone & Dr. Bitan gave me the bad news about not being able to have the ADR but said I could still have the fusion. At that time, I wasn't ready to give him an answer on the fusion. I called Tom on Friday afternoon & told him that I would go forward with the fusion. Unfortunately, there wasn't much time before the surgery to discuss how it was going to play out. (Surgery was scheduled for 4 days later). I guess that's really my fault since I should have told my boss to kiss my butt & tried to get the info during my lunch break. The woman is pure evil & always has a tendency to be around when I make these calls from my cell phone. She was actually standing behind me when Dr. Bitan gave me the news about the denial for ADR. (I actually have 3 incisions from the fusion )
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09