View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Default 30 day follow up

Thanks to Jake222 and his wife's advice, I'm pretty much back to normal. Their advice was to eat Pringles Lite with Olean oil. It helped with the regularity issue the very next morning.

The pain levels are below what I experienced before surgery and I'm sleeping through the night. I am going a little stir crazy though.

One of the worst problems I have is the muscle tightness but my wife massages my lumbar area (staying away from the central area) and it helps calm them down. While she massages, I get faint leg and abdominal sensations in the same areas that there was pain prior to surgery. I'm guessing she's working the right muscles and releasing the tension on the nerves.

Other than that, I don't limp anymore. I'm consciously taking shorter, softer steps as a precaution but there's no shuffling of the feet. I do have minor aches in my legs until after the massages. Once I get active again, the aches return after a few hours.

Fuzzy's right to a point, take a companion (a family member) with you if you travel to a different area. The travel ordeal was the biggest setback I had throughout this experience.

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.