View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:58 PM

Well, I have an appointment to see my PM doc. The nurse sounded like she was willing to at least talk to me, about what I might need. She mentioned the person from their office who went to Stenum, so at least it isn't a shock to her, that people choose to go to Germany.

Like I said, so far she has been a phenomenal support to me. I hope that she will hear what I say, about what you guys have said, and understand that I am concerned about my ability to take their meds and be pain free as well as nausea free.

But, gawd, the appointment is at 7:30 am. I have such a difficult time getting up in the morning. But, I know I can do it, when I have to.

I also have to have her fill in the "Certification of Health Care Provider", for FMLA. The doctor here at work suggested that she say something to the effect of, I may be able to return to work with limited duties at the 8 week mark, and that I should be ready to return to work by 12 weeks.

Of course I am really hoping I am ready to return to work by 12 weeks (or earlier), in order to be guaranteed a job. If it takes me more than 12 weeks, they are not obligated to hold a job for me. Even so, if a suitable position were available, with my reputation I would hope that I would be able to have a job no matter when I returned. But it would be nice to have that guarantee.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone