View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 04:11 PM

Ok, got home a little bit ago. It is not looking good. My primary care flat out said she thinks I need surgery on my neck. Talk about an elephant in the room. The pain going down the shoulder into my arm and hand is all C6-7, she stated. My heart rate was way high upon examination.....I'm sure the spasms set it off and gave me that shortness of breath. It appears to have calmed down somewhat now. She also does not think it is a good idea for me to take care of the baby. That is just not an option. At the very least, I could hire a high school girl for the summer to do the lifting of the baby, bring her to me, etc. I really want to do this. I also don't want to wait until I end up needing emergency surgery. So, I think first things first. I'm supposed to call my back/neck clinic and make an appt. and see who in the group does neck surgery. Likely a disectomy (sp) is what my first thought is. I know things are supposed to happen for a reason, but right now, this minute, I have no clue as to why I am suffering in this way. I am beginning to feel a bit like Job. I know in reality there is no comparison, but seriously, how much does a person have to handle??? Enough is enough.
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.