View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Let me see if I understood this correctly. Your stitches came out 4 days after your surgery? That isn't enough time for the skin to come together & heal in my opinion.

Also, is there a lot of redness around the outside of the surgical site? It looks like there is some redness in the outer area (not where the tattoo is) from where the incision is. Is it like that all of the time? Or am I not seeing it correctly? I only ask because I had a wound on my leg like that once where there was redness around the wound & it turned out that I was 1 day away from being hospitalized with a severe infection.

I'm not a doctor by any means. I'm not saying that it looks like an infection to me. You do seem to be concerned about it though & you should get it checked out just to be on the safe side. I wouldn't wait another week before seeing your surgeon. Better to play it safe.

Please keep us updated on your progress & welcome to the board!

Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09