View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 02:22 PM

Not to scare you, but just because you are on antibiotics, it doesn't mean that they are working. They could be the wrong one for the possible infection, or it could be a bug that is resistant to most medications. There is a lot of that going around, and is nothing to mess with.

Sorry, I would still insist on going back in to see him immediately, and take a culture, etc. of the wound to see if it is truly infected. It is pretty red. This is your spine after all, and a whoops afterward may make the doctor feel good, but will not fix any damage done.

I had a similar thing happen after my hysterectomy. The surgeon kept insisting I didn't have an infection when I had drainage from the incision, but by the time he actually took me seriously, I had a nasty infection that took quite awhile to clear.

Trust your instincts.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.