View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:22 PM

You should also consider getting your doctor to write a note too, saying that you are prescribed the medication for pain. Even though your prescriptions will be in labeled bottles, it doesn't hurt to have that letter too. I always carry one in my wallet, just in case (and particularly when I have just a few pills with me [like taking to work] - because then they are not in labeled bottles).

I won't put any in my checked luggage. TSA employee's have been known to steal medications from baggage. I just don't want to be the person that allows medication to get into the wrong hands.

Unless you put them into a locked box in your luggage, but even then I don't think I would do it. I am going to try and find a little lockable box (like a cash box), so I can lock them up in the hotel room. Not that I don't trust the people at this hotel in particular, but it's just a good idea anywhere that you stay. And even in your won home, if you have guests, it's a good idea that your meds are not accessible.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone