Thread: Nerve damage??
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:54 PM

I had a microdisectomy performed in JUly 08. Was pain free 5 weeks and then had a little stumble at work and developed a very painful right butt pain when I sat. Was recovering slowly but I stupidly jumped on an elliptical trainer and over did it. That was 2 months ago and now I have almost every sort of nerve pain under the sun through my legs. It started off as a massive burn through my entire legs and now its died down to occasional burn spots e.g. feet, inner thighs, just above the knee etc. more so if I have a busy day. I've even got the feeling of bits of sand under my skin when I squat. + cold patches on my legs that change and the old water running down your legs and in the small of your back.

I just hope I haven't developed Adhesive Arachnoidits. Time will tell. I'm seeing a neurosurgeon on Monday. I hope to get an electro conductive test done. I will lett yo know what he says.

But thought i'd just chime in I still think chemical radiculopathy is understated. E.g. chemical irritants from your disc irritating your nerves. Obviously in your case you don't have a disk now(am I correct?), but when they took the disc out you would assume that during the op the nerves would of got a workout in some way. I reckon in another 4 -6 months that feeling would have gone away.