Thread: Never again
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 PM

Default Bump in Rocovery 2+ months

Hi All,

About three weeks ago, right before acquiring my dogs, I was becoming more active and using my leg muscles to bend. Well one day I bent down a bit too much and really needed to push up. I have never been the same! My sciatic pain started to come back as well as pain when sitting. It is the spot mid butt which seems to radiate into my low back (sacrum) during the day and into the back of my leg. It is the same pain that was not concordant on my discogram. I am so very bummed. (to be continued)

Then the dog puppies came and were so very sweet until they started fighting. Actually the younger one wanted to be the top dog and was killing the other one. Stupidly both my husband and I were bitten at different times but during the last horrible fight he ended up in the ER with 10 stitches on his finger. We were traumatized and after spending tons of money, hiring a trainer, cleaning up accidents, ruining the lawn , and then finally having to clean the blood out of the carpets, we were emotionally done. WE gave it 3 weeks and the dogs went back to their original owner. So NO more puppies for awhile. I guess I took on too much and we were also physically exhausted.

(Continued) I moved up my doctor appointment because of the pain. We are leaving for graduation trips in three weeks. He is amazing and is sending me for new MRI's of my pelvis and hips. He has sent me to another Dr. for EMG's and possible shot in the piriformis or muscle that may be clamping down on my sciatic nerve. He is disappointed as am I but he is not going to give up yet. I am still hoping that we can find the source of the pain in that dark black box. I will keep you posted. He does not think it is SI joint or a thousand other things I had on my list. At least the other back pain is better so it is easier to deal with the butt and leg although by the end of the day it is quite painful and affects me a lot. I wonder if it is my fault from using those muscle too soon? He did not say this. My tests are moving along at warp speed which is amazing and the office has arranged all the Dr. appointments also. After all the dragging along these past years I am amazed at how his response has been. It is wonderful. I will keep you all posted and am hoping we can find this other source of pain. What kills me it is the same pain I originally had after my fall in 4/05 when i broke my tailbone and no one had ever found the cause. So for 4 years, more epidurals and caudal and nerve blocks than I can count, and 3 back surgeries, I still have the same original pain. I knew I had multiple issues so maybe with the back taken care of I can go forward and find this.

I guess I was hoping that this would be my last surgery and still hope that. There is always a piriformis release which he says is a lot easier after what I have been through but it may not work, and there is always that dreaded SCS which I really don't want. So this is the latest most up to date news.

Phylly
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09