View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 PM

Mary, don't panic. I am very sorry you are having some new and disconcerting symptoms.

I always have weird sensations that affect all different parts of my feet, legs and even my hands and arms. I am not sure exactly if they are nerve issues from my spinal discs, or if it is something else. I am seeing a rheumatologist on Monday, and I'm hoping she might have some idea of what is going on.

But I do believe that at least some of it is caused by the nerves in and around the discs. I can have a slight numb feeling in my heels, and then up my calf. I'll have tingling feelings on the soles of my feet, and running up the side of my leg all the way up my thigh.

It is certainly something to talk with the doctor about on Monday. But, nothing to panic about. But do be careful, especially if you are carrying your baby. Though with your back, I hope you limit carrying her as much as possible. But, we wouldn't want you to trip and fall, so just be careful.

I really hope that you get some answers on Monday. And that your doctor can offer you some solutions to your pain problems.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone