View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 08:01 PM

Blair,

You're such an inspiration to all of us with your determination to finish your law degree despite all of your spine issues!

Sorry to hear about the CT-scan news of arthritis starting in your facets. I'd be furious if it were me. At the same time, my friend Mark Mintzer always reminds me that I don't know whether I would have been worse if I have just gotten a surgical fusion or done nothing at my L5-S1 level. I'll pass that advice on to you: don't regret getting your ADR. It's done now, and for all you know you might have been worse without it. Better to focus your energy on your future -especially at your young age.

As far as getting another surgery goes, don't worry. I'm only 39 and have already had two ADR surgeries so far, four knee surgeries, four toe surgeries, and will probably need another couple knee surgeries in the near future. Not a single one of them has been worse than living with the problem that necessitated it. Look forward to getting the correct surgery for your facets at the correct time and feeling better when you do. Of course, continue to pursue rhizo and other pain management now so you can feel as good as possible while you wait.

Continue to rely on Dr. Regan for help - he's working at the forefront of ADR and facet technology and is a superb surgeon. I've seen him for my facet pain too and he's given me great advice.

Best of luck and please keep posting!

Laura