View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 04:38 PM

Default cheically sensitive disc

Yes, Michelle, you are pretty much correct. I am so sorry to hear others going through and feel a lot for you. I've seen others go through what were going through and come out the other end so I have hope...more hope than I ever did.

A chemically sensitive disc (I cannot relay in medical terms sorry) is where there are annular tears and there is internal disruption in the disc and the nucleus of the disc moves out and hits the nerve bundle. The chemical reaction can cause severe and acute pain. In my case it's really strange.

When I have an episode it's as though I feel battery acid going down my spine. I can't move for maybe ten hours. It's very strong nerve pain if I can even call it that. It feels like Frankenstein is living in my back. Then after about ten hours, it will change the cycle and turn into burning and grinding acute pain for five to ten hours, then the third cycle is dull heavy aching for the same amount of time.

This is just what my back does. I am lucky there is an "expert" on chemically sensitive discs in my area. At least I'm not losing my mind which is what I thought was going on for four years.

I hope to hear more from you and what happened to your back and hopefully we can share what were going through and support eachother whatever way we can. Best.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.