View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 05:48 PM

Oh my soul, your condition sounds terrible, dridobits. I have not heard of anything like that, even on here.

I have an annular tear as well. It showed up in my second MRI, and it well may have been there on the first one, and just not reported. I find it interesting that they call it a 'Chemically sensitive disc'. While I don't have those strange symptoms you do, I am in significant pain which is manageable with the medications.

But I have developed a great many sensitivities since starting on this journey with my back. I've had two anaphylactic reactions in the past six months, ending up in the hospital from exposure to simple things I've always been around. An allergist suggested that my medications have messed up my immune system, and will only get worse unless I get off them.

I am very worried that I will react to the metal and/or polyethylene in the artificial discs and possible fusions I will be getting soon with Dr. Bitan. I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it at length yet. I don't know how they would test for that beforehand.

All this pales in comparison of what you are going through though.

Michelle, I feel for you also, and hope that your problems are resolved quickly. While I have been hoping for the same, some kind of treatment, any treatment that would take away the pain, I am now getting more than a bit nervous. My way of self preservation, I guess...not worrying about things till they are on my doorstep.

I truly don't know how these people 'in charge' sleep at night, with how they are destroying peoples' lives. Their turn will come.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.