View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 PM

Well, no one ever called me back about rescheduling the neuro appt., so I called again yesterday, and finally got my appt. Out about 2.5 weeks. So then I called the neck doctor's office back to see if they needed to reschedule my surgery consult. But, again no one returned my phone call there. So I will recall them today, as I am sure the surgical doc wants the EMG test results on my right arm before we talk. I-yi-yi. I get a headache just trying to explain this. What a mess. Meanwhile, I just found out that the right SI Joint Fusion surgery which was initially approved ended up getting denied after my surgery. I just don't see how they can legally do something like that. Well, the office manager called them, appealed and finally won, with the exception of [b]the screw[b] used. So I have to pay $2,000.00 for a screw. So, there you have it. I sure don't like surprises after the fact.
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.