View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 PM

Gee...is my anxiety disorder THAT noticeable??? I've been taking meds for this for years!!! Maybe it's time to up the dose...

As far as my employer goes, I work for a great company, and we're like family around here, so I know my job will be here. Plus, there's quite a bit I can do from home, and when I need to, I can come in for a couple of hours if I need to put my hands of a file. Oh, did I mention we have a nap room? No, really, I'm not kidding...although somethimes you have to fight the owner for it...

And you'd think I wouldn't be so afraid of pain, but I am...I've had three BIG, HEALTHY babies...the last one was 9.5 pounds. I remember when I was pregnant, during an "exam", as I'm squirming, and saying "OUCH!!!", the doctor looks at me and says, straight-faced, "How'd you ever hold still long enough to get pregnant?" I said, equally straight-faced, "Well, THAT part didn't HURT!!!"

Time to go pick up kids...

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany

Last edited by jessmith07; 05-05-2009 at 06:58 PM.