View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:44 PM

Hi Jess,

I about had a nervous breakdown prior to going to Dr. B last year. I was taking extra muscle relaxers just to calm down. There is so much to think about its crazy.

I would not have been able to work full time until 4-6 months post op if that. (I've only gone back part time and it was much later because I now have neck problems unrelated to surgery.)

Hopefully you will have a short speedy recovery. Mine was long, painful, lots of bumps but finally at a bit over a year, I often forget I ever had a low back problem.

I felt that Dr. F-M underestimated the healing time for instance I asked how long I would need help with my kids who are younger than yours and she said 6 weeks. NO WAY, I needed 4-5 months of help. And I consider myself to be pretty hardcore meaning I do more than I should, do whatever it takes but this was REALLY challenging.

It sounds like you have some flexibility and this may be the time in your life that you need to use it.

You are going to the best and as such you are going to get your best result possible.

Cheryl

My story: My Story
2 level Prodisc ADR L4-S1, Feb. 18, 2008 Dr. Bertagnoli - Straubing, Germany - SUCCESS -

Now I struggle with Neck Pain likely c5-7
PT, injections, rhizotomy.......MRI and CT Myleo not consistent with pain symptoms, waiting that out, keeping my passport valid