View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Well, the reason I was thinking I should not appeal is because the office manager told me she had appealed and got everything covered but the screw. She said there were two other patients with the same healthcare provider as me and they did not cover the procedure for them. Only me, minus the screw. So, in a crazy kind of goofed up way, I do see her point about not wanting to rock the boat. If she tries again to get the screw covered, they may come back and deny the whole thing again. And I sure don't want that. So that's why I am taking the position of letting sleeping dogs lie....$2,000.00 poorer. This morning I woke up with major pain in my right hip. The trochanteric bursa area. Not sure what I may have done, but oh man, the pain woke me up in the middle of the night. It was really severe. I'm gonna ice it and see what happens. I did ride my bike a bit, over the last few days, but I can't imagine that would have stirred up such pain. Anyway, it should calm down with some ice. Hopefully no more than a couple of days.
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.