View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Maree View Post

The sad part is the surgeons, they sure as dont encourage you.
I was given about a 98% success for my first operation ,a discectomy and now a few years down the track I am given 70% for my next one,a fusion. And "We will deal with any other problems later,and there is no rush."
Would you take those odds when the first one didnt work?
Michelle...you took the fears right out of my mouth!!!! I just had a laminectomy back in September 2008, and my surgeon said, "This should fix you right up...at least for a few years." I knew the condition of my back wasn't great, and that I might need ADR down the line...but not MONTHS down the line! And so, NOW what? I'm 36 years old! If THIS surgery doesn't work, then what?

But then I have to take a deep breath and remember, I can't go on like this. As stressed-out and strung-out as I'm feeling right now over my upcoming surgery, soon, I'll be on the other side, whatever that is for me. And even if it's not the outcome I'm praying for, at least I tried.

Hang in there.

Jess

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany