View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 PM

Pressure Controlled Discography: Precision Injection Techniques for Diagnosis and Treatment of Lumbar Disc Disease: Part 5

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I posted the link. My heart goes out to all of you. It's taken me 13 years to get to this point. I think the facet I had cancer and that changed my life in terms of really getting in touch with not knowing how much time I may have has had an effect on my decision making to go ahead. Yes, it's a huge risk. My HMO said "what about if your worse"? Yep it's that risk I take but being bedridden is pretty bad. Looking forward to being bedridden and not being able to take care of myself (live alone and single) and the possibility of winding up homeless scares the heck out of me too.

My heart goes out to all of you. I've thought of posting something like "How do you make the decision, or how did you make the decision"

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.