Thread: Nerve damage??
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyD View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what criteria was used to establish that you do not have adhesive arachnoiditis? Myelogram? MRI? Nerve Conduction? symptom evaluation?
Thanks,
Jeff
Mostly MRI. Essentially my scar tissue buildup is not significant as to cause Adhesive arachnoiditis. Also no nerve clumping.

The funny thing was, I was actually feeling a lot of the symptoms of AA over the past 2 month. Burning in the feet, legs, feeling of sand or ants under my skin. Big flare ups of burning pain after activity. It went on for over 2 months. I couldn't work because of the nerve pain. But my microdiscectomy was july 08. The catalyst for all this massive nerve pain was doing 10 minutes on an elliptical trainer. Before that I was just coping it sweet with neuropathic pain running down 1 leg and not being able to sit for 10 minutes.

In the past few days the burning pain was tapering off and not lasting very long and today has been the first day since I haven't had that burning pain after working a full day.

So. I don't think I've got AA. Doctors certainly don't think so. Its a most horrible disease, I'd put it worse than having terminal cancer. At least there is an end point, but not with AA. Just massive chronic pain.

1 thing I gotta add. Doctors here in Australia look at you funny if you ask them something like "do you think this could be Adhesive arachnoidits". After dismissing it outright. one said. Your reading too much... I think a lot of doctors here don't want educated patients. I also think a lot of them just treat the scan not the patient, even when they say otherwise. I don't know about Drs in the U.S. just the ones here in NSW Australia

Last edited by guymontag; 05-07-2009 at 10:30 AM.