View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:01 PM

Michelle, one thing I've learned in the short time I've been on this forum is that I've found a wonderful group of people who KNOW what I'm going though, either because they've been there, they are there, or they're heading there. Yes, there are others who feel the same as you. I, myself, have taken the day off from work because I'm so exhausted, and I just need a quiet day. How do I keep going? Honestly, my family keeps me going. My husband is my rock and if it weren't for his patience and understanding I couldn't do this. My children NEED me to get out of bed every morning, because I don't want their childhood memories to me filled with a mom who was there but unavailable. How do I stay positive? Sheer gut force, but it gets harder and harder as the days go by because the stress is wearing me down. That's when my husband steps in and stays positive enough for both of us.

You have to have a strong support system. I am blessed to be surrounded by people that I can draw strength from, and I think that God led me to this forum as a further means of support. If you can see a psychologist, then do. It certainly can't hurt. But hang in there, and keep talking to us. It's what we're here for.

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany