View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 05:13 PM

Xanax is short acting so it wears off after 2 to 3 hours and that together with the pain build up would cause me a major axiety attacks, like a flash i would sit straight up at 2 in the morning and that was it for the night. I could set my clock by it. My doc tried several of the others and when he heard about my xanax complaint he quickly switched me. The lorazepam is longer acting and doesn't fall of the cliff as fast as the xanax which I think it meant for anxiety (dentist) but it is weaker then the loraz which the doctors don't like to write up unless they know you real well and you can manage it as it has a addictive tendency. What happens is the usual dose does not work any more and one "ups" the dose. Not good. Luckily that doesn't happen with me but it really helps with the pain constant axiety and the fact that I might get some sleep at least for the first few hours. Last night by the way was a bad night for me has my lower half tingled, when numbish etc depending how I lied and if I move arround from not being able to sleep makes it worse. I hate this neck!

I think the Dr.s don't like to write these meds especially for chronics like me due to the abuse issue. He want me to take antidepressants instead as pain causes depression, well known fact. But I had such good luck with this simple med as it helps other ways too (not documented) that I like it for that and rather not take the other.

Oh edit: I am quite into wines myself but I had to lay really low on the wine due to my problems I had to chose, the wine, or better sleep. I have friends with fine wineries. I can go enjoy the winery have a quarter of a glass and that is all I can handle...

Last edited by fuzzy; 05-07-2009 at 05:16 PM.