View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:40 PM

Default Dealing with the stress

Jess, so many hugs to you. I think it's normal for you to have a huge range of emotions. This is your future you are talking about...the next phase of your life. Of course your emotions are going to be many different things.

I have ativan and I take it when needed. It's a thought. For me, I don't need to suffer anymore than I have and the ativan takes the edge off. You might want to talk to your doc or someone about getting some to get you through this waiting period. Just a thought. It was offered to me when I had a very very stressful medical situation and since then the docs agree it's good for me to have on hand. There are other things like valium. I don't like to push more drugs but for me has made a huge difference.

Of course your scared and emotional. Your about to have a major surgery and we don't know the outcome. It's the not knowing that I think that can drive us crazy. However, when I was in that state of "not knowing" I realized it was an opportunity for me to work on my skills regarding such.

It's really important to remain positive. If you feel like your going into a negative space, it's important to share that with others. I think that just by talking about it and writing as you have that can diffuse the situation...let some air out of the bag.

I am wishing you the very best. When I'm stressed I do what relaxes me...maybe watching a good movie...something to take my mind off of it. I take a lot of hot baths and sometimes just the little differences of having clean sheets, clean clothes, clean house can really help take some anxiety away.

I will be thinking of you and am wishing you the very best.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.