View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

CLS,

You may notice that as times goes on, you are able to sit a little longer & walk a little further. At 1 month out from my fusion I was still in pain & had to lay down a lot throughout the day. At 2 months out from my fusion, I was in Florida climbing in & out of the car looking at houses. We must have looked at 35 houses in 2 1/2 days. I was amazed that I was able to get out of bed the next day & walk! At 3 months out, I was able to sit for long periods of time & not be in much pain.

I have noticed though that over the last week, I have been having weird nerve like issues in the right buttock & leg again. I'm wondering if it's from pulling my 1 leg up onto my other knee to put my socks on. My leg muscles are so tight it's not even funny. My OS cleared me to go to P/T 3 weeks ago but I told him that I have a treadmill & stationary bike @ home. I have been bad though & haven't been doing either. I've just been so beat after work that I crash on the couch & fall asleep. He told me that I could do the elliptical as well now. In theory, that is suppose to be better on the spine.

I know that I have an appointment with my pain mgmt. doc coming up. I'll have to mention the weird leg thing going on now. I'm still dealing with tenderness in my abdomen at the incision site. I can't believe that I am still dealing with that 3 1/2 months out from surgery.

I hope that you are feeling better. I will be moving at the end of June, so things are getting nuttier than usual around here. I'll try to keep in touch with you to see how you're doing.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09