View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Karin,
I don't know how you get through a whole day of work. I simply cannot sit for more than an hour without pain. Next week I will be 3 months post-op and it seems like I am about a month behind everyone else who has had L5/S1 fusions. My pain is no where near my incision it is lower back and bum. I think I have a big problem with inflammation as my lower back muscles are tender to the touch. I think I will just have to wait this out and continue with Advil, icing and PT. I am so sorry about your incision site pain. I know what that is like with two previous surgeries. It took me a whole year before those nerves calmed down/regenerated. I sure hope this will not be the case for you. I know it is unpleasant but my previous PT said to gently massage this area to keep the scar tissue from forming plus it gets your nerves used to touch and then your jeans, etc. will not bother you as much. When is your big move day? You must be excited to leave the cold NE? If you can't get a workout in at home then at least go for a walk after work. As tired as you must be it will reinvigorate you